Orowhuo W. A. Okocha is a proud alumnus of both the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana, where he obtained his LLB in 2007, and Brunel University, London, United Kingdom, where he obtained his LLM in 2010, and a PhD in the area of Comparative Criminal Justice, with a thesis titled “The Detention Rights of Suspects and Accused Persons in England (and Wales) and Nigeria: Rights Development As A Work In Progress”.
He was called to the Bar in Nigeria in 2008, and was also certified as a professional Negotiator and Mediator in the same year.
He was appointed as Lecturer I, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, Rivers State University, in August, 2022.
He specializes in General Litigation and Conveyancing, and his teaching and research interests include:
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- The Law of Evidence
- Human Rights
- Comparative Law
- Comparative Criminal Justice
In his spare time, he enjoys playing Basketball, watching any sport but Cricket, reading, and listening to music for hours on end.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL HONOURS AND POSITIONS:
- Secretary, Panel 3, Disciplinary Committee, Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch (2018 – 2020)
- Member, ICT/Library Committee, Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch (2022 – )
- Member, Justice Sector Monitoring Committee, Nigerian Bar Association, Port Harcourt Branch (2022 – )
- Tel. No: (+234) 813 302 3597
- Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org